Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Good word


Fellow Travelers,

I recently heard someone share this verse and I thought it was great!

Matthew 11:28 (MSG)
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me---watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

I really like this verse. It doesn't say, take a break from life, escape everything...no it talks about resting while walking. That speaks to me that we can find rest WHILE living life. What a thought!

We are in the middle of God making some crazy changes in our life and it is comforting knowing that there is rest in the middle of craziness. Instead of focusing on figuring things out, I like the idea of learning the "unforced rhythms of grace". Which is not something we can make happen, I think it comes with walking with Christ. We start to fall in step with Him, and things start to fall into place, just like Paul says in Romans 8:28...all things work together for good for those who love God.

Hope you found this word as good as I did.

Happy Trails,
Luke

No comments: