Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

There is no plan B

Hello fellow travelers,


I was looking back today on the past almost 2 years. I was struck by the difference I felt in my attitude toward missions, ministry, and life in general. 2 years ago you would have found a much more anxious Luke. I was worried about finding the "right" path, and not missing God. But as we have walked this crazy path which has led us across state lines, into 6 different houses, and had us change our plans almost monthly, I have come to some startling realizations. 


God is good, and He is big. Even with all the "bad" things that have happened, every time we have experienced some miracle of generosity. And even though usually it is in small things, there have been some big ones too. I have a friend who put it this way: it is like we are on a rollar coaster, the ride is crazy, and even scary at times, but it is on a track, and it is heading somewhere. God might be taking us on some loops, but that doesn't mean we are lost.


There is no plan B. Jimmy said today in his sermon, "Even if you have failed at plan A, God will make another plan A" I do not need to be concerned with "arriving" at the right place. God has me in His hand, and I have to trust that.


These may not be mind-blowing for you, and while I may have known this in my head, God has really planted it deep in my heart. 


One last thought. We watched "Legend of the Guardians: the Owls of Ga'Hoole" tonight. Good movie, beautiful animation, and they have some good thoughts. In the movie there are these owls who have taken an oath to "protect the weakmend the broken, and vanquish the evil", and they do even unto their own death. This was inspiring to me, reminded me of the Isaiah passage Jesus quoted about Himself


1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, 

   because the LORD has anointed me 
   to proclaim good news to the poor. 

He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, 
   to proclaim freedom for the captives 
   and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor 
   and the day of vengeance of our God, 
to comfort all who mourn,

I just thought that was really awesome. They also say that you are what you dream, and the hero dreams of the Guardians, and eventually becomes one. I love that thought, as I dream of seeing God move in power, in me and through me, I imagine that God has placed those dreams in us to draw us towards them. 

Anyway, I can't stay serious for too long, I leave you with this wonderful video:
Happy Trails!

1 comment:

JaniceAileen said...

Wow, i was going to say something profound and awesome but the video just pushed that all aside. wow.